Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Teaching Series

Beginning this Sunday, January 11, 2009 I will began a new teaching series. My friend, Alan Oliver, and I sat down one day before Christmas and came up with 20 marks of the true disciple from the 21 verses in Romans 12. I am very excited about the study and can't wait to start. I haven't really come up with a title for the series, but here are the 20 topics we will cover:

Intro to Romans 12 and its context
Acceptable Worship (1)
Conformed/Transformed (2)
Knowing the Will of God (2)
Humility & The Affirmation of Others (3)
What is the Body of Christ? (4-5)
Service in the Body of Christ (6-8)
Genuine Love (9a)
Evil vs. Good (9b)
Loving Others (10)
Spiritual Fervency (11)
Trials, Prayer & Hope (12)
Christian Hospitality (13)
Blessing Others (14)
Transparency (15)
Lowly Associations (16)
Honorable Actions (17)
Living at Peace with Others (18)
Godly Revenge (19)
Overcoming Evil (20)

Some of these titles may change as creativity tends to hit me at 3 in the morning, however, the topics above will generally be followed in this order. I plan to post my outlines from week to week and certainly invite your comments.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home