Thursday, January 1, 2009

Are you a "crap magnet?"

I thought today would be a good day to start blogging again with it being the first day of 2009 and all. So, with the new year upon us I thought I would be stupid and obvious and write about my single resolution for 2009. Yes, I need to lose weight. Yes, I need to be more disciplined. And yes, I need to renew my commitment to Jesus and live more for Him with no strings attached. Yes! I need to DO all of these things, but come on, can I really get excited about these? The answer is — not really.

So, after hanging out with some of the coolest people I know over the holidays, I've decided to take a challenge. It's the "Seven Day No Grumble Challenge." Let me explain...

Some friends and I were having lunch Monday at the great Genghis Grill and we began talking about life. One of the guys mentioned he was reading a book that challenged him to not complain, blame or gripe for a period of seven days. Every time he caught himself blaming, justifying or complaining, he would slide his index finger across his neck signifying that he was slitting his financial throat. Intense, huh?

He said quoting the book, "When you complain, you attract crap into your life. You're a crap magnet!" Now, that's funny...

Anyway, we all decided to take "the challenge." So, today is my first day and I've managed not to slit my throat. So far, so good...

FYI...The book is "Secrets of the Millionaire Mind" by T. Harv Eker. I have purchased the book, but I have not read it as of today. I have read Wealth File #1 starting on page 54, but that's it. I usually don't read books like this, so don't take this as an endorsement, but I do think there are some things to learn from it. Happy reading...

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

  • why u no blog, jeffery-son?

    By Blogger AO, At September 10, 2008 at 10:38 PM  

  • I almost made a resolution of "no negative speech", but didn't want to set myself up for failure. This seven-day challenge looks doable.

    A resolution I did make was "work when I'm at work". I almost left this comment while at work...

    By Blogger Kevin Henry, At January 2, 2009 at 4:37 PM  

  • Jeff, love the blog. Can't wait to see the reviews and such. Your ability to tell a story and get the point across rock my world. Thanks for your constant encouragement. Your belief in me pushes me forward and look forward to us working and growing together in the Lord.

    By Blogger AO, At January 3, 2009 at 11:32 AM  

  • Hello. And Bye.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At November 26, 2009 at 8:19 AM  

  • To start earning money with your blog, initially use Google Adsense but gradually as your traffic increases, keep adding more and more money making programs to your site.

    rH3uYcBX

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At December 30, 2009 at 8:16 PM  

  • Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At January 4, 2010 at 5:05 PM  

  • messages domestic sanwei izuksa things hanging vastly windows piercing dvorak sight
    lolikneri havaqatsu

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At February 11, 2010 at 8:09 PM  

  • Very interesting post, thanks for sharing!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At March 16, 2010 at 2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home